Monday, December 12, 2011

Media Mess

Recently I decided to stop watching and reading the news. I have come to a point in my life where I find the news interfering and distracting my otherwise peaceful day. In a world of chaos and unhappiness, whatever solace and calm I can find or create is a great gift I try to share.

The more one is detached from the media (regarding news) the more one can focus on household chores, family, relationships and one's own-self. It is the Media's aim to create a ripple and then huff and puff at it or blow it into ridiculous proportions so that it lingers in one's mind for days. I am simply fed up with it all. If you haven't tried the Media boycott with regards to news, try it and you will find yourself less dependent on anti-depressants and will enjoy a full night's sleep!!

Peace to all!!

2 comments:

  1. Agree on all counts! May the peace begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers...the most I guess from the news is stress. It makes one gain appreciation for Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry". Wow...so accurate--the media just wants to air people's dirty laundry. And too many people have a sick fixation on it--a horrible train wreck from which they can't divert their eyes...

    ReplyDelete