People are often unreasonable
irrational and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse
you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some
unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies;
If you are honest and sincere
people may deceive you;
Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating
others could destroy overnight;
If you find serenity and happiness,
some may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
he good you do today,
will often be forgotten;
Do good anyway.
Give the best you have,
and it may never be enough;
Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis,
It is between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.
OTHER QUOTES BY MOTHER TERESA:
- "Peace begins with a smile.."
- "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
- "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."
- "Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing."
- "Live simply so others may simply live."
- "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness: kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile."
- "God doesn't require us to succeed, he only requires that you try" .
- "What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family."
- "The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved."
- "I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
- "We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something."
- "May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."
- "The person who gives with a smile is the best giver because God loves a cheerful giver."
- "If you can't feed a hundred people, feed just one."
- "Work without love is slavery."