Friday, July 8, 2011

The Light and The Bud

Bits of light, through window and creaks
claim their way
to flirt with flowers dry.
The solitary bud
unfortunate to exist, laments
'Don't tease me dear,
as did with friends here near,
lest I shall die
with hopes go dry.
Are you the same
that embraced this vase
giving vigour and life;
My friends
full of color, humming tunes
cosy to bees and butterflies.
Now they exist, as things of the Past
a waste in the Present,
with dust saddled upon them.
I see particles lift,
through your golden apparel
light they seem
but burden my memories
and the by-gone lives
as dust falls upon dust...
(1999)

photo by rgbimg

5 comments:

  1. I can call this lovely and not hate myself for using the word lovely. The opening line strikes me in particular and

    "see particles lift,
    through your golden apparel
    light they seem
    but burden my memories"

    is the kind of feeling/visual that catches onto my mind. The entire piece works for me, very emotional.
    July 15, 2011 2:13 PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ioannis. your words are very encouraging!!
    July 15, 2011 9:48 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Marjaan. I wanted to leave a comment and see that Loannis commented on the exact words that struck me! Such a visual they create...beautiful , just beautiful. Have I read your poems before? I am ashamed if I have not. You have quite a gift and a talent...
    July 30, 2011 12:39 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa you are very kind in encouraging my stuff and it really makes me happy beyond words, it truly makes my day!! I am so glad I have found your blog and talented people like yourself that I don't feel like an island anymore!!!
    July 31, 2011 10:22 AM

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful composition, Marjaan! "Bits of light, through window and creaks
    claim their way
    to flirt with flowers dry." I really loved these lines! And the poem rightly conveys the effect of nostalgia and wistfulness....:)
    BTW, I've been reading some of the other posts of yours and have enjoyed them as much. And let me tell you all the credits that you've received are so well deserved! I'm happy that we've connected.

    ReplyDelete