Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Bear and The Lions


There once lived a group of lions and a bear in a mountainous luscious green valley. While all animals lived in pretentious harmony, the lions had no pretense about them. They showed off and roared ferociously at one another and at any animal they came across in the valley and beyond. All remained together in the deadly group they formed and were feared by all.
Daily these lions roared, each trying to sound fiercer. But the practice of show-off soon lost all appeal and became mundane due to which the lions became exasperated.
In contrast, the clever bear would come out once awhile during the year, hunt for berries or salmon and then go back into hibernation. But he would be applauded by all creatures for his choice of meal and his sharp and shiny claws that he used for his kill…..

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea here, it makes the reader ask themselves..."am I the lion or the bear?"

    I have to admit to having been a lion at times in my past. Lacking humility and substance, being arrogant and foolish. Most people I know have played the part at one time or an other, including myself.

    I guess the blessing is in seeing the folly and stepping out of the lions role, to live as a bear once more. It is in my case. Life (God?) tends to stike down the pride-ful lion. Eventually.
    Heres hoping I can stay a bear more often than not! Or at least an onlooking mouse.
    Gracefully told, this moral lesson of your's. Reminds me of Aesop's fables.
    July 26, 2011 7:06 AM

    ReplyDelete